CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Altered Frame - Mixed media collage

Here's my 1st trial and error of making the mixed media collage. My confession of youtube addiction has finally did the result. Living in faraway land, certainly have price differences (yeah..what's new??) . I just couldn't get all the fancy - must have utensils for my project.. so, i've been browsing a lot on how to do the DIY stuff..

For crafter, there is always a thin line between "desire" and "passion".. anyway, currently "fashion" is the spray mists.. I've been drooling for Ranger pearl mists , Lindy's stamp gang for vibrant-pearly spray that make my life fun (in other word: easier) to do this (hope Captain Popeye hears my pray #crossfinger). Now, that is desire..
But, as i've tried to get a grip (not very successful), i'm trying the DIY spray mists recipe, that's what i call passion, it give me something to hold on for doing some crafting, whether i have the delicious tools or not, i'll find a way to make it happened.

From DIY spray mists into making my own embellishments or even make a better used of dry wall tape, i'll go for it!! But, of course, i won't mind spending few bucks to buy a goody from Wild Orchid Crafts, i think they have reasonable price and gorgeous paper flowers for my project.
Using my DIY spray mists, sometime is a bit watery, when i sprayed it on to my paper, but WOC has a sturdy paper texture and i have no complained with the customer service, they send it quite fast too.
 
And so, I took my crappy scrappy to the higher level, Unfortunately, with the strong big muscles, my Captain Popeye broke down the glass frame when we wanted to change the inside picture.. hmmm... as a creative -junk collecter, i couldn't let the precious frame to be thrown away.
Material: The last frame, scrapbook paper, junk collection ( from computer parts, screws, dice and bottle opener)
 
With every junk collection, this is the result. The computer part (right in the corner) found when I was visiting Captain Popeye's sister.He actually the one who found it on an old junk - trash place. It was just awesome! (for someone who claimed to hate the junk collector, he has a pretty good eyes) Note: Lucky to have Captain Popeye who really support my hobbies. So, this frame is totally dedicated for him :)  
 Definitely, after those altered project, i've announced myself as the junk collector by the universe.

 

 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment